ProphetStor Converges SDS with Federator Catalina Release
MILPITAS, CA., March 25, 2015 — ProphetStor Data Services, Inc., a leader in Software-Defined Storage (SDS), today announced the general availability (GA) of version 3.0 (Catalina Release) of its flagship product ProphetStor Federator™ SDS.
Federator SDS is a platform of software-defined storage that offers an out-of-band storage management system and a suite of rich data services. At the heart of system is the storage controller Federator that provisions and monitors storage across disparate vendor systems as well as standardized commodity hardware. Federator automatically enables multiple pools of physical storage of different capabilities and abstracts them into virtual storage pools to work together in a coordinated manner for data storage, access, migration, and management.
Federator SDS allows the storage infrastructure to be managed and accessed programmatically through an open HTTP REST API. Storage services can be dynamically composed and delivered, driven by application policy, without any knowledge of the underlying hardware implementation details.
This release implemented a host of new features that were previously outlined in our roadmap along with improvements requested by our customers:
- Converged solution platform that includes storage federation, storage virtualization, and business continuity and disaster recovery (BC/DR)
- Pool offering to allow for more granular control over different storage tiers
- Dynamic offering with traffic modeling module (TMM) and elastic resource control (ERC) using pre-defined or custom workload profiles.
- Ability to engage and manage foreign volumes provisioned by another system
- Certification Suite for validation of storage serviceability
- Volume size up to 16EB
- Dynamic volume quality-of-service (QoS) with throughput throttling
- On-the-fly compression and deduplication
- VMware vSphere APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support
- Replication compression and encryption support
- NFS support for rapid VMware VM recovery
- Improved replica management to eliminate unnecessary data copy
- Offline replication for initial sync
- Post-DR site failback to resume normal operation at the production site
“The Catalina Release is a major milestone for us,” said Eric Chen, ProphetStor CEO. “This is the first time that all SDS solutions are packaged into an integrated platform that includes storage orchestration, enterprise storage target, and a wealth of data services that can be universally consumed by any in-house or third-party application through a single API.”
ProphetStor Data Services, Inc., a leader in Software-Defined Storage (SDS), provides federated storage and data services to enable both enterprises and cloud service providers to build an agile, automated, intelligent, and orchestrated storage infrastructure.
ProphetStor was founded in 2012 by seasoned storage experts with extensive experience in cloud computing platforms, software-based networked storage, data services, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Headquartered in Milpitas, California, ProphetStor has branch offices in Asia-Pacific regions to serve international customers. For more information, visit https://www.prophetstor.com.
ProphetStor Federator is a registered trademark of ProphetStor Data Services, Inc. in the US and other countries. All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
ProphetStor Data Services, Inc.