ProphetStor™ Ratchets up Data Protection for Oracle and Windows
MILPITAS, CA., May 22, 2014 — ProphetStor Data Services, Inc., a leader in Software-Defined Storage (SDS), today announced the general availability of DR Prophet™ 3.0, now with enhanced data protection for Windows, Windows snapshots, and Oracle databases on AIX. DR Prophet™ has also been integrated with the Federator® SDS storage hypervisor, Flexvisor, bringing seamless data protection and recovery to SDS for Cloud Computing, Big Data Analytics, HPC, and OpenStack.
DR Prophet™ offers the much needed intelligence to automate the configuration and centralized management for data protection on AIX and Windows application servers to minimize human intervention, based on pre-defined policies and system performance requirements. Version 3.0 now supports Windows 2003 SP2 and above, Oracle v10 and v11, and AIX v5.3 and above.
“As virtual storage environments evolve to be defined by software, data protection for current and transitioning environments is the next great challenge for IT organizations,” said Eric Chen, ProphetStor CEO. “ProphetStor is proactively addressing this virtual infrastructure puzzle by providing comprehensive data protection services as organizations move toward software-defined data centers. DR Prophet is data protection which considers space, performance, and QoS such as availability as well as reliability. It is flexible enough to meet the requirements from SMB users to cloud computing data centers. “
DR Prophet™ preserves production system data to backup storage, fully protecting the data against system failure. The software-defined data protection solution also provides centralized management of multiple application servers, storage servers, and management servers through a web console that reduces the administration complexity and the time required to manage data protection. Management can be conducted easily on the network using any web browser.
DR Prophet works in conjunction with Federator® SDS. The horizontal management provided by Federator® SDS breaks the barriers created by the vertical silos from different vendors. Flexvisor is the storage hypervisor offering storage services based on performance service-level. With DR Prophet integrated with Flexvisor and leveraging replication, snapshots and other storage services, data protection and recovery now has a direct path into software-defined storage.
Key features in DR Prophet™ include:
- Automatic data protection through pre-defined policies and system performance requirements to protect data application servers with minimal human intervention
- Application-aware data protection through agents running on application servers
- Mirrored disks for fault tolerance and local protection so that backup functions are off loaded from production systems and onto the storage servers
- High performance snapshots for data protection and recovery, with up to 1,000 per LUN
- Non-disruptive DR rehearsal to be conducted at any time with minimal impact to daily operations
- Comprehensive dashboard and reports for problem analysis, performance tuning, and system maintenance for system administrators
- Centralized management of multiple application, storage, and management servers through a user friendly GUI web console, reducing administrative complexity and the required time to manage
ProphetStor Data Services, Inc., a leader in Software-Defined Storage (SDS), provides federated storage and data services to enable both enterprises and cloud service providers to build an agile, automated, intelligent, and orchestrated storage infrastructure.
ProphetStor was founded in 2012 by seasoned storage experts with extensive experience in cloud computing platforms, software-based networked storage, data services, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Headquartered in Milpitas, California, ProphetStor has branch offices in Asia-Pacific regions to serve international customers. For more information, visit http://www.prophetstor.com.
ProphetStor Federator is a registered trademark of ProphetStor Data Services, Inc. in the US and other countries. All other company and product names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective holders.
ProphetStor Data Services, Inc.